Monday, June 21, 2010

Law & Order SVU Guest Star Emmy Ads "For Your Consideration"

Here are copies of the Emmy “For Your Consideration” ads (from Daily Variety) for Law & Order SVU; one is a group ad for all guest stars and another is for Ann-Margret only. I haven’t received copies of any ads for Law & Order or Law & Order CI – if there even were any ads placed for those shows. If anyone can verify whether the other L&O shows have ads and where I can get scans of them, I would post them here for everyone to enjoy.

On a side note, if I was picking nominees from this group of SVU guest stars, I would choose Jill Scott and/or Lisa Arrindell Anderson, who both had great roles and performances in the SVU episode "Disabled." On the other hand, if the Emmys had the Oscar equivalent of the "Razzies", I would think Sharon Stone would win hands down.

I certainly hope that S. Epatha Merkerson from Law & Order gets nominated - and wins - for Best Actress in a Drama for her role as Anita Van Buren. It was her best year ever and her performances were convincingly real and incredibly moving. In fact, the writers did an excellent job in developing her storyline and they deserve recognition as well.





Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Bleh! I hated Sharon Stone's acting, she was overly dramatic and fake! I think Christine Lahti should win for sure, I also enjoyed Rosie Perez' performance along with Kathy Griffin(who will probably win due to her popularity) and Jill Scott(:
Thanks SO much for Posting this!!

Dalton said...

This whole season of SVU was disastrous, I'd rather have the origina; Law & Order up for an Emmy any day!

P.S. - Anything new on the fate of the original?

Anonymous said...

SVU's worst season ever. I think Lahti and/or Perez should get it!

@ Dalton

Rumors have it the original series is still in Limbo. People are rumorning Dick Wolf is making 'deals'. I wonder what kind.

Sirocco said...

What Sharon Stone did to SVU is criminal.

gahks said...

It is shocking that 'L&O' doesn't seem to be up for anything... The mothership has far exceeded 'SVU' in quality of writing and acting this season.

Chris Zimmer said...

gahks, Law & Order - and I think L&O CI - did make some submissions for Emmy consideration, I just never saw any ads like those for SVU. I thought I published the list somewhere a while back and am feverishly trying to find it!

Shelly said...

Sirocco, I love your line... classic...

I can't believe anyone in their right minds with SVU would even consider putting Sharon Stone on the "for your consideration" list. Of course, I also thought that about most of the episodes this season - I don't know how the powers that be thought they were turning out high-quality stuff most of the time, because they weren't... sigh....

Thanks for posting All Things...